[Wine]Goldwave 5

Hi all,

I am relatively new to Linux and wine and I am trying to run an audio editing software called Goldwave 5.06 (version 4.26 works relatively well). 5.06 installs ok but when I go to run it I get the following error:

"Driver does not support 16 bit colour depth or visual buffer could not be created. Visual disabled."

And the meter displays do not work. I have tried adjusting the color depth in linux to no avail. When I set the color depth to 8 bit (just to see what happens) Goldwave tells me it must have at least 16 bit.

I am running FC2 on a dual boot system with Windows ME and I have the most recent version of wine (20041201) and wine tools 209.

Any thoughts?

Also, the software has trouble with my USB soundcard, it finds the soundcard but says it can't load the driver.

Again, any thoughts?

It is really impressive what this project is doing and what I am able to do with wine.
Thanks much,
Leon