Re: [Wine]Accessing XP Drive

Rudi Bruchez wrote:

David Jay Jackson wrote:

Howdy --
Can I access my XP partition (/dev/hda1), and run applacation installed there?
Without being logged in as root? I keep getting permission deined when I try to do it from user account.

hello,

certainly the problem is the way you mount the partition. Here's my entry in /etc/fstab for my XP partition (NTFS) :

/dev/hda2 /mnt/win ntfs user,noexec,nodev,nosuid,ro,uid=1000,gid=1000,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0

The uid and gid options give a user and group that will own the mounted filesystem. Put your IDs there.

rudi

Rudi --
Thanks for you response, I actaully found a similar answer seaching the Wine group on google... imange that ... yes I said "searching" :-)
But it seem that all I can execicute from the partiton is IE and simple applications like putty? But know Office or Lotus Notes?

Any ideas on these( I also read something about coping dlls),

David