Re: [Wine]WineTools 2.0.9 released

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:07:52 +0100, Joachim von Thadden <thadden@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Mo, Jan 03, 2005 at 03:26:42 -0800 schrieb Mark Knecht:
> > On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 18:56:03 +0100, Joachim von Thadden <thadden@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > > A happy and successful new year for everyone!
> > >
> > > I just release WineTools 2.0.9. You can download it at
> > > http://www.von-thadden.de/Joachim/WineTools/. This release has some
> > > minor improvements such as:
> > >
> > > - cdrom is detected from fstab during Base setup
> > > - IE6 now in english and german
> >
> > Joachim,
> >    Hi. Happy New Year. I downloaded and installed 2.0.9.
> >
> >    I wanted to check the instructions in the README.txt file. Is the
> > second symbolic link command correct?
> >
> > ln -s /usr/local/winetools/wt209jo /usr/local/bin/wt
> > ln -s /usr/local/winetools/findwine /usr/local/bin
>
> Yes, they are correct, but if you had an earlier version
> installed, you already have the links. Change "ln -s" to "ln -sf" and it
> will work. I changed the README for the next version.
>
> Regards
>         Joachim

Humm...OK, I know I'm not much of a Linux guy but I'm now confused. On
my system, before doing any of this link stuff the directory
/usr/local/bin already exists. How can I create a link of any type at
location /usr/local called 'bin' when the directory already exists?

All the -f does is force the issue which is a dangerous thing to do, isn't it?

Also, WRT the problems I'm having, I'm using wine-20041019 from source
and the IE6 installer crashed. What version of Wine are you actually
using? I'll switch to that in an attempt to completely duplicate your
environment.

Thanks,
Mark