Re: [Wine]Newbie: wine does not quit immediately after termination

Charles Stroom wrote:
I have recently installed wine (Wine 20040213) on SuSE 9.1 (from
RPM) and I am trying to get a few windows application to run.
My procedure is as described in the wine user guide: copy the
"app" directory from original windows to the wine "Program Files"
directory, run "wine app", see what DLL is missing, copy that one
to sytem folder and add a corresponding line to the config file.

That is not really the best way to do things; it should really be the last resort. It is almost always better to actually install the application with the application's installer. However, installations will likely work better with a current Wine. In Wine years, 20040213 is rather old; try using a current version.