Re: [Wine]Re: From a newbie: how to run MS Word?

put quotes around the path.

romeomedina@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Rodolfo wrote:

The file winword.exe was in the Windows partition, I copied it into linux
and tried with: 'wine winword.exe', but got error messages.

Brad Fuler wrote:

try running it from the winword directory.

Ivan wrote:

That will never work, you have to run it from where it is, just cd to the directory where the file
is and run it with wine.

David wrote:

yeah..go to the directory where office is installed and type wine
winword.exe....i'm sure its winword not word.

Thanks to you all...
The problem is, that the file winword.exe is in the directory
'/mnt/windows/Programmi/Microsoft Office/Office', with a space between 'Microsoft' and 'Office',
so when I try to enter that directory with '$ cd /mnt/windows/Programmi/Microsoft Office/Office' I get:

	bash: cd: /mnt/windows/Programmi/Microsoft: No such file or directory

. I'm afraid to change as root the dir's name into 'Microsoft_Office' for fear to compromise the correct working of
Windows.
Any hint about that?

Thanks indeed,
Rodolfo