Re: [Wine]IE and Firefox Firewall ?

Anandraj wrote:

hi all,
I just installed Firefox on my windows machine in the lab!
My office has a firewall block to access sites like yahoo,msn,etc ,....!

IE probably has a proxy set to go through your company's firewall. My old employer had the same restriction. However, using any browser that hasn't been configured by Internal Support (ie a vanilla Netscape or Firefox) and the machine will establish direct contact bypassing the company's security.

Disclaimer: I am NOT in any way shape or form condoning bypassing security of any system, for any reason whatsoever. I am simply answering the question posed.

Kind regards,

Julian