Re: [Wine]Xara X Install or Execute

J Facemyer wrote:
I'm trying to run Xara X either from native windows directory or from local fake windows directory. When I run it from windows dir, I get the splash screen and then it hangs. When I try to install locally (using msi installer) it doesn't work.

ISTR a lot of problems with the MSI installer, completely separate from whatever app is being installed. Does it successfully install?

Anybody have this installed or running? This is the last thing I need for a fully functional DTP box! It would be a shame to have to quit here!

Well, after following WINE for a year or so, I didn't even bother trying Xara X. Too often (for my taste), an application that works with one version of WINE gets broken in a later version under which some other application finally works. Also, a tech at Xara told me that it (Xara X) didn't work with WINE.

I'm running Xara X1 quite happily using NeTraverse' Win4Lin and my existing Windows98 license.

Have you taken a look at Inkscape for vector graphics?

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx