Re: [Wine]Callus, Mame and other emulators

MÃtÃtelki DÃnes wrote:
Hi!

I'd like to play with snes, arcade and other retro games, but unfortunatelly there isn't any linux emus for this.

This is not true. I use Snes9x and ZSNES native; I also use FakeNES, FCEUltra and TuxNES (there are a few more NES emulators available native, but I don't remember which ones offhand), ScummVM (for old LucasArts games using the SCUMM engine), and while I don't play any MAME games, there are definitely native MAME emulators available, as well as C64 emulators and ATARI and Amiga emulators, not to mention DOS emulators like DOSbox, Bochs, and DOSemu.

So before attempting to debug this, perhaps you should check your distribution's repository more closely, as I think that emulating an operating system to run a program to emulate a console might just be going too far ;-).

Hope this helps.

Holly

So I run the emutaltor callus with wine, with medius succes: Callus works fine, everything is ok, but it uses 100% CPU, and becouse of that, the soung goes wrongs somethimes.
I don't know why it is takes so mutch work to wine... Callus emulate only 66 Mhz...
The other windoz based emus doesn't even run with wine.

How can I make then at least this callus work?

Regards:

DÃnes