Re: [Wine]Error with wine-20041019

(Please respond to the list, rather than only to me)

John McKee wrote:

... I had an older version of wine working. I think it was wine-20040615, but can't recall. I was able to (partially) use CompuServe software from a few years ago. The ole component didn't work, but I was able to check mail. Sound worked at that point as well, as I received a voice message at the start and end of the session (the famous "You have mail", as well).

After upgrading to wine20041019, I cannot run that coftware anymore.  I
receive errors about missing DLLs (see below).  Do I have to do something
beyond copying Windows DLLs to Windows\System and Windows\System32?

Normally that is all that is needed for the DLLs listed below.

Were DLLs that I had previously copied replaced during the upgrade?

Line 105: Malformed value name '"CS3COR.DLL" 'native, builtin"'

Take a close look at your ~/.wine/config file. There is apparently a typo somewhere.

err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by
L"C:\\CServe\\CS3\\CS3COR.DLL") not found

If you have those installed in the Windows directory, then maybe whatever is messed up in the config file is somehow causing the problem.