Re: [Wine]Can't install Office 97

I'm forwarding this back to the list (forgot to hit "Reply All" rather than "Reply"? I do that all the time ;-) ), as I think that's probably what you wanted.

robert_s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Actually, there has been an update to Portage, and the latest version is
now the really latest version, 20041019(-r1).

You might want to do an emerge sync and upgrade.

No luck - using wine-20041019:

wine@basement .wine $ wine /mnt/cdrom/Setup.exe
Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the
config file
Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the
config file
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000c), starting debugger...

I can get rid of all except the last message by removing the "Resolution"
entry in the log file.  Don't know how to fix the registry entries.  Any
clues??

I doubt it's anything more than a hackaround, but you could run wine regedit and attempt to edit the Wine registry as required. Or, naturally, open the *.reg files in a text editor and edit them manually.

Hopefully someone else knows a better way.

Holly