Re: [Wine](Newbie query) - Directing error messages to a text file

Chris Cox wrote:

Yes sometimes it is. But I never got a reply about changing the default mouse pointer in wine apps. It would be nice if someone here knew how to use a Linux default mouse pointer instead of that ugly white default pointer.

That can mean that the people that are trying to answer questions here just don't know. I don't know for sure, but I think that this cannot be changed via configuration.

I think you will find that somewhere in the Wine source code, the pointers are defined, bit by bit. You probably would need to find that spot and modify the bits. I suspect a starting point is the function create_cursor() in dlls/x11drv/mouse.c. You would need to track down where it gets the bit definitions from, perhaps by using relay tracing.