[Wine]Quake II - a modal problem?

I am running FC2 on a Dell 600SC, latest wine version. FYI:Quake II will run on machines with only 4 MB video cards and no OpenGL. It runs fine under Windoze. Under Wine it runs the "launching demo" well but then I have no keyboard or mouse control. I must force the power off to regain control. On Windoze one would hit the escape key at this point and a menu screen appears with Game, Options, Video etc.
Any ideas as to the cause/solution? _______________________________________________
wine-users mailing list
wine-users@xxxxxxxxxx