Re: [Wine]crash in cvs from 10/16

Rob Hughes wrote:

Attached is the debug. I'm attempting to run ie6setup (don't ask). Any
ideas are appreciated.

I've been "fussing" with IE6 for awhile. From what I've done, I think that IE6 is probably installed on your wine system, but that it just won't run. Check your .wine/drive_c/windows/Windows Update Setup Files/ to see if all the CAB's are there. Also check .wine/drive_c/windows/system to see if ie6setup put all the appropriate dll's there. I don't know what "all appropriate" means but it's a bunch. I run IE6 with ole32, olepro32, oleaut32 and rpcrt4 all as native.

Currently, cvs updated Oct 13, I can't get IE6 to run at all. Try running
<WINEDEBUG=+loaddll wine .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Internet\ Explorer/IEXPLORE.EXE> and see if IE6 exits after the WININET.DLL call. Then you will have replicated the same symptoms as I am currently having.

I see by the info you have provided that you are using Mike Hearn's script. It works. I think also that if you try to run his script on the September snapshot you'll find that IE6 works except for the Help.

I have posted to the wine developers list, but as of my response to this my info hasn't made it yet. I hate to write more here because it will be just duplicating info. But I will post here if my other e-mail doesn't make it.

Good luck.

Dan