Re: [Wine]Wine question - sort of... program that ran now crashes

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 09:54:43 -0700, Duane Clark <dclark@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
> > OK, I backed out Gentoo's updates of both glib and glibc. Now jack_fst
> > and the Windows VST called Battery are working fine. So, while I know
> > glib and glibc are pretty major things, I've also been told that I
> > should not have to recompile programs due to a change. Is this true?
> >
> > Do I need to recompile Wine each time these things change?
>
> Hmm.. I would not have expected that. But that area is well beyond my
> knowledge of how things work.

Hi,
   I emerged the newer glib again and the program continued to work. I
then emerged glibc-2.3.4 and it failed.

   Thinkint that recompiling might be required, I've now rebuilt all
the pieces that I think are obviously involved using both the newer
glib and glibc but the program still crashes with error messages from
(I think) Wine:

err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005

First, do you agree this message is in fact coming from Wine? That's a
guess on my part, except I've seen the 'code c0000005' think in a lot
of Windows driver failures over the years so I presume it's coming up
to the surface through that path.

What is 'seh'?

   My next step, for kicks I guess, is to drop back afain to
glibc-2.3.3 and see if things work again even though everythign was
compiled with 2.3.4 on the system.

   Thanks for any insights, ideas, guesses or encouragements you can pass along.

Cheers,
Mark