Re: [Wine]Quicken 2004 Report windows

M-Halo wrote:
I installed yesterday from an RPM. When the RPM has
completed it's installation there is no .wine directory in any
user's home directory. How could there be since RPM doesn't know which
users want or need one. If doing the istallation from
source does this automatically, then it does it for you, but it doesn't do it for your

I think you nailed it: there are differences between
installing via RPM vs. source. I never install via
RPM; source just spits out all the directories and
files for me (my preference). The only difference
I've noticed in the last six months are two:

1) the drive path definitions got moved into softlinks

Can you explain this a bit more? I added old style 'hard' definitions for my preferred Windows drives to the 20040914 config file, such as:

[Drive C]
"Path" = "drive_c"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "c:"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
"Codepage" = "0"

If this is not proper anymore then can you point me toward any instrcutions on how to do it correctly?

2) the registry format changed.

Bummer - what does that mean to a user like me? (I'm not a programmer. I use computers like I use hammers and screwdrivers.)

Thanks for your responses! THey are helpful!

- Mark