[Wine]MSFlexGrid control(msflxgrd.ocx) always gives a maybe outdated error

I have a few apps at work that use the msflxgrd.ocx control and have been trying for several years to see if one day it will work with a new release of wine but that day has not yet come. I have finally decided to post to this list about it instead of sitting idle and see if anyone might be able to help find the problem and see how big of a deal it is to fix.

I had a developer at work create a test app that did nothing but add the MSFlexGrid control from msflxgrd.ocx on a form and compiled it(no code was added). When I run the app(or any other app at work that uses msflxgrd.ocx) a msg box pops up with the text below:

"Failed to load control 'MSFlexGrid' from MSFLXGRD.OCX.
Your version of MSFLXGRD.OCX may be outdated.  Make sure
you are using the version of the control that was provided
with your application."

I tried changing the Windows version in the wine config to all different versions but that did not help. My latest attempt I copied the MSFLXGRD.OCX (version 6.0.84.18) from a win2k system to the wine system directory for the test.

One day I hope to find a fix for this problem so I can dance around my work area spouting stuff like... "No more windows for me!!" to all my co-workers :). Any information that might help would be appreciated.