Re: [Wine]Wine on Cygwin

Jason Byers wrote:
WHY?? was the first question my best friend asked. I am running windows terminal services and need to run an application that is not terminal services compatible. If I can basically chroot an aplication to its own directory then I can run multiple instances. Wine currently will not compile. Has anyone experimented with it and had success?

Thanks

Jason

Because it's there? At last report I was stalled building dsound-test.exe. After upgrading my cygwin environment to the latest and greatest versions of everything, I was able to pass that point, but I've run into what appears to be an unresolvable incompatibility between macros provided by cygwin, and those which are part of wine. I've basically abandoned that direction for lack of time and knowledge. I also had a brief look at building wine under SFU, but found I had to find and build too many prerequisite packages. (Anyone want to run bash under SFU?) Maybe if I have time some day (like when I retire) I'll pick it up again, but by then, nobody will need windows compatibility because linux will be the dominant operating system. Right?
Cheers,
Gordon Keehn