Re: [Wine]Lotus notes 6 on Mandrake Linux

Abhay Kumar Srivastava wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to run Notes on Mandrake linux 10 official
with wine version 20040914. I have notes installed in
my C driver winXP(NTFS). No success so I went to
google. I saw this mail at
http://www.spinics.net/lists/wine/msg15484.html
saying that on coppying the entire notes folder to
fake_windows wine works like charm. However, when i
tried the same I get a password prompt I enter my
password then I get an error
PANIC: LookupHandle: null handle

I have installed the rpm for mandrake and it created
no config file. I have run wineprefixcreate and
winecfg but even then no config file was created.

Please tell me where I am going wrong. I really want
to quit booting to windows but my company mail server
and sametime connect is making me do that at least 3-4
times a day.

Install 6.5.1 in windows (Joachim von Thadden tells 6.5 simply won't work). Copy mfc42.dll, mfc42u.dll, msvcp60.dll from windows system to your wine environment. Set win/fonts directory pointing to some dir with good TTFs. Copy notes you've installed to your wine environment. I'm using slackware 10, wine from fairly recent cvs and no wine config file,

--Yury