Re: [Wine]fallout 2 mouse and keyboard problem

well, i've found my own solution. I found out somewhere
that fallout 2 works with 20040408 - so I've downloaded
compiled and it works. It looks like the configuration file
and options of the wine conf has changed. Whatever... The
game works very good, no crashes (game crashed a few times
at my friends winXp- interesting:)  ), no problems with saving
and loading and everything. I've played over six/seven hours
without turning it off! Well, i'm glad to say wine is better
than windows itself :) No crashes, no restart... :) thanks for it!
see ya!
--kaya

kaya oguz wrote:
Hello to everyone!
I've got the latest (20040914) Wine. Everything works fine actually.
But I've got this weird thing with Fallout 2. It seems to work but
mouse and keyboard does not work. I tried enabling DirectX grab
on config file, but it didn't work. It grabs but still the mouse and
keyboard does not function. I tried turning on/off a few options
in the config file, try to find it with try and error, but nothing. Old
archives about the subject are left unresolved. Some old version
used to work I've read, but that release in 2000. Any suggestions
are highly appreciated. Thanks already!
Kaya

PS: I know I could try WineX but even there I've read same errors,
even though it's reported working- is it something with the hardware?

PNG image