Re: [Wine]Pegasus Mail sometimes says no HD-memory free, but that's not true

Timo Steuerwald wrote:
Am 14 Sep 2004 um 19:19 hat gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx geschrieben:

I'm a Pegasus Mail user, but not a WINE user.

Pegasus used to have a commmand line parameter to feed it that told it to use its old drive detection code, instead of David
Harris' new drive detection code. Something about the new drive detection code used to have problems running in virtual
environments, such as under OS/2's version of Windows 3.1.

You might check around and see what that parameter was. It should be listed in the online help. I don't know if PMail 4.21c still
has the option.

Yes i see, there's something about this in the manual. Thanks for this good hint!

I'm on my OS/2 box at the moment, the parameter is "-z 65536".

I think the "some file" you're talking about is PMail's "folder.pm" file. There's also a folstate.pmj (IIRC) file that the PMail
v4.x series seems to have a knack for destroying even under Windows.

No, there isn't a folder.pm file in my pegasus mail version (4.21). The files that i mean are cache.pm and hierarch.pm.

Me wrong - those are the two. hierarch.pm is one you don't necessarily need to fix - just rename it, start Pegasus again, and it recreates it. I think the same is true of cache.pm.

Of course, then you have to recreate your folder hierarchy ... I know a number of Pegasus users who keep regular backups of these files.

Hope it helps!

David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx