[Wine]new user - documentation nightmare

I had located and installed wine via rpm only to discover that I needed to compile from source to get --with-opengl. Fine. The documentation with the source is written in sgml. Turns out sgml, specifically Mozaic, died on the vine thirty years ago, replaced by xml, sort of. Mozilla doesn't open sgml. A search suggested Netscape might. Curious. So I installed 7.2. It doesn't open sgml either. Maybe a plug-in? No. None listed in Netscapes web page of plug-ins. Dead end. Well, sgml can be read with some effort just by using cat | less. Also, the documentation pages online produce the same text... much easier to read. However, the configuration section mentions auto-configuring scripts "WineSetipTk" and "wineinstall" then proceeds to "Verifying your Configuration". So these are the only ways to configure wine? "man wine.conf" is clearly out of date as files named "/wine/config" and "~/.wine/config" are used in place of wine.conf. I realize stale information is unavoidable in this rapidly changing field, but this is getting silly.
So, just try and find WineSetupTk. Found an rpm for Suse/i586 but I have FC2/i686. Ultimately found a source rpm and attempted to install it. It was apparently a Debian-leaning source (?!) and the resulting directory misdirections were more trouble than they were worth.

Net, net, net... I have no virtual C: drive configured and I see no valid documentation showing the syntax for declaring one. Can anyone help? One web page said a declaration to the CDrom was also necessary. Is the syntax the same with only device names and map-letters changed?

Thank you for your patience.