Re: [Wine]mandrake 10 and wine

Thanks for your reply/help.

Strangely, I found within a few minutes of posting the email that the problem was with the links placed within the dosdevices folder.

All of the links were pointing to drive_c. Whereas winetools made fake_windows.

But fixing the problem is easier said than done. I can change to drive_c, but i am now having trouble producing the right links within wine.conf.

Oh well, enough said.

david

Joris Huizer wrote:

david thompson wrote:

Hi all,

I have been using wine for sometime now (that's nice!!).

However, I am now experiencing problems with the end process of 'make install'.

Namely it stalls/freezes at the creation of the fake windows ".wine". Some of the files are there but not the wine.conf or system.reg files.

I thought that this would not be a problem as I had winetool (franks) create a fake windows drive.

But when I run a program in console there is a complaint that

Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system" is not accessible

I have checked the permissions and all is ok. I have checked the wine conf file and that seems ok.

Does anyone have a clue????

david

Hello david,

I've seen the same with wine/cvs, a few days ago; I killed every process from wine and reran ./tools/wineinstall; than it did finish the fake windows .wine directory
I don't know about the winetool as I'm not using that

HTH,

Joris