Re: [Wine]Running microsoft vss under wine

John Que wrote:
Hello,

I am using wine on RH9.

I am running Visual Source Safe like thus wine  --ssexp.exe
THe VSS GUI starts OK.
the Visual Source Safe database is on Windows Partition.
This Windows Partition is mounted on my Linux like thus:

mount -t nfs -o rw,nolock 192.168.0.77:/mnt/server/Share /mnt/vss

I am able to launch a VSS session : I can successfully check out and
check in files (I point my working folder to /root/.wine/fake_windows
which it sees as the Windows root filder).

When I try to add a new file to a project there is a  problem:

when I push the "Add Files" button of the VSS GUI I have a problem:
Nothing happens and the app crashes:
What I see in the log is :
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x0000003c in 32-bit code (0x5f409bbb).
In 32-bit mode.
0x5f409bbb (MFC42.DLL.2642 in MFC42.DLL): movl 0x3c(%ecx),%eax
Wine-dbg>parse error
Wine-dbg>

At the Wine-dbg prompt, you should type "bt". Hopefully that will give a backtrace of the crash. You should also mention what version of Wine you are using, and if not using a current CVS version, it would be helpful if you were willing to give that a try.