Re: [Wine]Wine 20040408: Programs fail on Unhandled exception to a debug prompt after FrontPage install attempt

Danny Luker wrote:
I recently upgraded to 20040408 on my gentoo IBM R32 notebook. I was using WinMX to test my wine install before the upgrade and all worked perfectly. I ran WinMX after the upgrade and it seemed to work ok (I did not test very deeply, just started and saw it got a connection to the network and shut it down). I then attempted to install MS FrontPage 2000 (My wife is taking web design in college and has to run abunch of MS stuff. I'm trying to see if it will all work for her under Wine). MS FrontPage grunted and growned through the install (I did not expect it to go very smoothly). But now the problem ... nothing works with Wine anymore. Everything I try to run now does the same thing ...

Example:
bash-2.05b$ wine /home/danny/.wine/fake_windows/Program\ Files/WinMX/WinMX.exe
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Wine-dbg>

Generally, when that happens check for zombie Wine process, and kill them.