Confused about CVS checkout of 20040505

Hi,
I'm confused. Do the instructions for a CVS checkout on the WineHQ page give me CVS on a daily basis, or do they give me something more like the last official major release of Wine?

I'm not in sync with another user of Wine. A program compiles for him and doesn't compile for me. We've determined that the file /usr/local/include/wine/library.h between our installtions declares wine_init differently. He asked me to get Wine-20040505, but I thought I already had that:

mark@flash mark $ wine --version
Wine 20040505
mark@flash mark $

I'm confused. Do I have Wine 20040505? I used:

mark@flash mark $  export CVSROOT=:pserver:cvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/home/wine
mark@flash mark $ cvs login

cvs

mark@flash mark $  cvs -z 0 checkout wine
mark@flash mark $ cd wine/
mark@flash mark $ tools/wineinstall

If I don't actually have EXACTLY Wine 20040505, then how do I check that out?

Thanks,
Mark