Re: wine app cannot open 'c' drive ??

Yes, it is a real Win partition. Other wine apps can read it without an issue.

Is there a howto on building a fake partition. The last time I tried it failed miserably so I have stuck with the real partition.

Regards,
Dan

Duane Clark wrote:

Dan Sawyer wrote:

All,

The app is MSWord; I am trying to open 'C' and MSWord/Wine reports a violation on attempting to open the dir. Other apps can read the directory. Where or how does Wine read privileges??

But can other applications write to the directory? It looks to me from another post that you might be using a real Windows partition, so the permissions are determined by /etc/fstab. In general, unless required for some specific reason, you are probably better off with a "fake" partition, and copying over any desired DLLs and fonts.