Re: Installing Explorer: Which Windows version does Wine emulate?

Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
I'm trying to download IE6 full, and the installer ask for a specific Windows version. This is the selection window I'm seeing:

Type of system to install on:
[x] Windows 98
[ ] Windows NT
[ ] Windows 2000 and Windows XP
[ ] Windows Millenium

Which one should I select?

BTW, I'm doing this because the normal "net" installation failed to go through a web proxy. Even if I correctly specify the proxy's host and port when it fails.

Thanks!

Nicolas,
I just failed horribly at all of the same things so take my input with a grain of salt. In the Wine config file there is an option that is commented out that says which version you want to emulate. I would guess that you should make that option and the one you download match.

Good luck,
Mark