Re: Direct X - Wine 20040213

Duane Clark wrote:
Mark Knecht wrote:

Thanks Ivan. This is consistant with what I learned by reading on the web. I have an app (Acid Pro) that said it needed DX8 so I tried installing it under 20040213. It installed fine but just dies after it starts.

I'm not a developer so I wouldn't know much about figuring out why. I guess I'll just have to wait until I hear about the next big jump forward in Direct X support.

In Wine/DirectX "years", 20040213 is almost an antique. The DirectX code has really been changing that fast recently. There have already been some "big jumps" in Direct X support.

Duane,
Thanks for the info. I'll try grabbing a more recent version. I had two versions of wine installed. this one came with Crossover Office, and an older one that has been good with a certain Linux audio application I use.

I don't really know how to keep multiple versions of Wine installed and happy. Do I just rename .wine directories with unique names? I worry that if I do that there might be certain configuration entries looking for .wine instead of .wine-20040213, etc.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up.

Mark