Re: InstallShield woes

Hello,

I had same problem with a Red Hat Workstation on a very slow machine. Don't think it's a general problem, because same app installs fine on SuSE and Debian.

When i slows down another machine dramatically, the problem comes on SuSE too, but the error code is not the same.

I stopped determining the problem when discovering that it only occurs during first X session after booting. When i logged out and in again, it works :-)

It was an installshield 6.3 app and i can provide a setup for reproducing, if wanted by the developers.

Greetings from Hamburg
Sven

John Williams schrieb:
Hi dudes. A question about the latest vintage wine on Fedora Core 1.

Installshield installers won't work.

I have read all the advice on the net (replacing with native dlls and
tlb files) but still no luck.

The error I get is "The installshield kernel (ikernel.exe) could not be
launched. (0x80010100)" .  Apparently this error code relates to the
inability to allocate some resource, but the documentation I found could
not be more specific.  Any clues?

TIA

John