Re: Error in running window application

bhattadatabase wrote:
I upgraded wine with wine-20040505-1fc1winehq.i686.rpm.

But after installation , when i tried to run wine it tells "segmentation fault".
when i tried to get wine status , it tells

"Wine binary format handlers are registered."

Now i am not able to run wine

What i have to do now.

Thanks Manoj

I'd get the newest source - the current wine version, 20040505 is really good and can be downloaded at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=6241&package_id=77449
Remove that .rpm stuff, and do,
tar xvzf Wine-20040505.tar.gz
cd wine-20040505
./tools/wineinstall
and answer the questions it asks; Say yes at the question wether you want to install or not

If you want to clean up later on, just do,
  make uninstall
That'd remove wine from your system again

Compiling takes some time but wine'll be configured optimal for your system (and as wine is alpha software that's really required for it to function properly, I think)

HTH,

Joris