non-disk scsi device wine passthrough / PASCO Science Workshop

Greetings~

I have a somewhat strange problem. I have a PASCO Science Workshop 750 interface box which connect via SCSI to an Adaptec (2906) SCSI card. The device is basically an interface to various electronic measuring tools: motion sensors, light sensors, etc. It comes with a piece of software called DataStudio which I have installed and running in Wine, seemingly without a hitch. The problem is, I seem to be unable to see the device from within the wine environment -- or at least, I can't make DataStudio see it.

The card is set up fine in Linux (tried SuSE 9.1 - kernel 2.6 - and Knoppix - kernel 2.4) and the PASCO devices shows up properly in /proc/scsi/scsi. I installed the sg driver and set a scsi entry in my .wine/config file ([scsi c0t2d0] "device /dev/sg0") and still no luck.

So, the question is, is it possible to configure linux/wine to allow a non-disk scsi device to be seen by an application running in wine? It would be great not to have to revert back to windows. :-( Has anyone else tried running DataStudio / PASCO equipment in wine with any success? Completely impossible? Any guidance would be appreciated.

   Thanks,
   Peter Kovac
   kovac@xxxxxxx