font issue - help

Hello,

I have an interesting font issue.  All the fonts but
inside the application itself are fine.  To best
describe this, I am pasting a small screenshot.

Can someone point me in the right direction here?  I
have windows TT installed and commented out this in
the config:
"dir1" = "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF"

But that didn't seem to help.  Thanks!

=====