Re: wine-20031118 compile error - an alsa issue?

Ivan Leo Murray-Smith wrote:
You can get the official wine RPMs for Red Hat Linux 9 here
this should solve any problems you may have with sound support.

But is there an explanation why wine won't compile with alsa 1, what I suspect? And BTW, I have a rather elaborate fake windows, which I want to preserve, in a location different from /usr/share/wine-c, the rpm default. But thanks though. Klaus