Re: Wine and Micro$oft Office

Christophe wrote:

Hi all,

I wish to ask you some advice about Wine and Micro$oft Office.
I know this subject comes up every 10 sec, but I can't get Excel
nor WinWord work properly.

I tried to install Office 2000, but the installer wouldn't run. I installed office 97 and the installer and the apps run fine. Excell does give a dialog about 'MSCREATE.DIR cant be accessed', but I just click Cancel on this dialog and then it works fine. This is with the wine-20030911-1rh9winehq RPM.

The only differences in the DllOverrides section between mine and yours seem to be that I have these added:

[DllOverrides]

"cabinet" = "native,builtin"
"msi" = "native"