Fwd: Re: autocadlt - 2000 with wine subscribe

bruce, your last - and only - problem is the /etc/fstab.

You must change it to have write permissions on your vfat partition,
seen by Wine as
C:\anything\you\want.

Try to use uid/gid/mode options to give your wine user the property on
the files -
remember:  on vfat, all the files have the same owner and group.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle_at_users_dot_sourceforge_dot_net)
 ICQ #170597259
Say NO to software patents
Dites NON aux brevets logiciels

--- Begin Message ---
On Sunday 26 October 2003 02:03 am, you wrote:
> > Sylvain,
> > I had copied ~/.wine/config to /etc/wine.conf.
>
> Better use a symlink.

wine.conf will be my backup when /wine/config is totally screwed up.

> > [Drive C]
> > "Path" = "/mnt/msdos"
> > "Type" = "hd"
> > "Filesystem" = "vfat"
>
> Make sure the wine user has write access to your vfat partition
> under /mnt/msdos/windows/temp.

The first thing I tried, when I saw it was trying to write to
\windows\temp was to try to change permissions or owner.   root is not
allowed to change either - I don't know why.  It seems to work with no
error messages, but nothing is changed.

> You last problem is that the line "temp" =
> must have a windows-like content, it is part of windows environment.
> If you want this to be /home/bruce/.wine/temp, you have to use
> the H: drive :
> "temp" = "H:\.wine\temp"
>
> Note: It could give you problems with brain-damaged programs since
> the "." is extension separator for windows.

wine wouldn't accept the \.wine (with the dot) so I created another
directory /home/bruce/wine/temp (owner bruce and 777 permissions) and
tried  "temp" = "H:\\wine\\temp"   Ran, but behaved the same,  access
denied (c:\WINDOWS\TEMP\UNDO.ac$)

The man page for wine.conf suggests that under [wine], one should use
"temp" = "c:\\temp"  .  I created c:/temp and tried to change
permissions and owner, but it didn't change.

This is very frustrating.   I feel I am very close, but can't get there.
bruce

--- End Message ---