Running ProComm Plus on Wine

Hi,

I have a legacy application that uses ProComm Plus for Windows to communicate with a minicomputer system via telnet. I have not been able to get it to work on Linux (RH8) using Wine. I've tried both the 20030911 and 20031016 releases. When I attempt to connect via Telnet, it says that "the required module is not installed".

I then installed the CodeWeavers product, and was able to install and run the ProComm Plus telnet scripts without a problem. Is this something to be expected? I'm rather new to Wine, and was hoping to be able to use the standard release, which works for all our legacy apps except this one. If it means paying an extra $50 per site, so be it, but does anyone have any idea what the difference is between the two? Is there a Windows DLL that needs to be copied over? Or is this just expecting too much of Wine right now?

Linux Love:
unzip;strip;touch;finger;mount;fsck;more;yes;umount;sleep