Re: err:wave:IDsDriverBufferImpl_Stop ioctl(/dev/dsp, SNDCTL_DSP_SETTRIGGER) failed (Invalid argument)

Some games (either intentionally or unintentionally) create more
than one DirectSound object.  Windows tolerates more than
one object and does the right thing but wine only has a single
global object per program and reuses it rather than creating a
new one.  This confuses wine because defaults are not reset
and reference counting gets messed up.  I have looked into
fixing this but I have not seen any documentation anywhere
which describes the proper operation under this circumstance.

I haven't had the time or access to win9x systems to try and
figure out by trial and error exactly what is going on when
multiple DirectSound objects are created.  I have a patch that
moves towards multiple active objects but I don't have a
complete solution yet.