Sound noises with wine/Diablo2

Hello,

I got Diablo II to run fine with wine. The only problem is that I get lots of
annoying pops/clicks/noises in the sound. Sound in Linux programs (xmms, xine
etc.) works perfectly, the problem is only with wine. And the longer the game
is running the more noises I get. Can anyone help me how to get this fixed?

Thanks,
Tobias Landes