Re: 0911 tarball Mandrake RPMS and stay on top

Files wrote:
Ok.

I can get the custom compiled tarball to work. Maybe there was
something wrong w/ the original Mandrake configuration via the RPMS.
I don't know.

I *did* have to change the registry entries so that it wasn't looking
for \\WINDOWS\\ since my Windows directory is \\WIN95\\.

I will be trying the RPMs again (since installed all of wine into
/usr/local/wine, I can  do this).

You have to be careful. Wine locates the main DLLs using the path in /etc/ld.so.conf, and other DLLs with the environment variable WINEDLLPATH. There are ways to use two Wine installations, but I don't actually know how to do it. Otherwise you run the risk of mixing executables and DLLs, which can cause flakely problems.

BUT, the TWO really big issues I have right now are:

The programs opened seem to be marked "Stay-On-Top" - is this because
I'm running them from XWine? Will this go away if I don't use XWine
and do it straight from the destkop icons?

In ~/.wine/config in the [x11drv] section, set "Managed" = "Y" That should have been the default.

I can't seem to find my printer, even though the printer settings are correct in my config.

What printing system are you using in Linux? Wine should automatically configure printing of you are using CUPS.