Re: HELP!!!! Can't seem to run Wine under Mandrake 9.1/9.2

deedee wrote:

One of the things I've found is that almost everything I used under Windows, I could find something as good or better under Linux, except for my beloved WordStar (both dos and windows).

Using Linux apps is obviously preferable (and normally better), but a lot of people (like me) work for companies that have to provide documents to customers in formats the customer dictates. Normally Word for docs and Visio for drawings. In the absence of a true 'standard' document format that's all we have! I've tried openoffice etc but the docs they produce are not fully compatible. And there is nothing I've found to produce Visio docs.

I've tried Wine in the past but it wasn't ready. I've tried using VNC to a windows workstation, then was using VMWare, but now I've tried the 20030911 version of Wine and Visio, Notes, Check Point's Policy Editor and Office 97 all run fine! These are the apps I need running under Linux so I can finally ditch my windows partition. Well done Wine developers!