Re: Segmentation fault

Hi,

I was having the same problems when using configure, but the problems mysteriously vanished when I used the wineinstall script to install it. I think it might have been related to a previous version as I did a "make uninstall" right before running wineinstall and then it worked.

I'd remove all old files first if you have not already done so, and then try again. I got rid of all my old config files as well, just in case. But like I said, I'm not sure if that was the problem since I changed several things at the same time...just an idea.

BTW, I'm running 2.6.0-test4-mm6 with SuSE 8.0 and no smp.

-Wes-

Jung Ko wrote:

Hi there,

I'm running kernel 2.4.20-8smp in Redhat 9.0. I downloaded the latest source (20030813) and installed with the script ./tools/wineinstall

However, after everything has finished, whenever I execute anything
related to wine (e.g. "wine"), I get a segmentation fault and the core is
dumped.

Does anyone has similar problems? Does anyone know what went wrong? Btw.. could there be a problem with smp kernels??

Thank you for your help!