Re: Unreadable character.

Ari Saptawijaya wrote:
Hi,

I'm running Wine in SuSE 8.2.
Unfortunately, I cannot read the character displayed
on the Windows application I would like to run using
Wine (the program itself can be loaded). In the other
words, the characters are completely unreadable (the
characters are just displayed as a sequence of "small
boxes").

Generally this occurs because you have a symbol font in your windows/Fonts directory on your Wine "C:" drive. This causes Wine to only look in that directory for fonts. The options are to either remove the fonts from that directory, or better, install some regular TrueType fonts in that directory for Wine to find. The latter option will produce slightly better font rendering. Get the TrueType fonts from a real Windows install in C:\windows\Fonts and from

http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/