wine for reverse engineering

Forgive me if this has an obvious answer, but I'm fairly new to Wine:

I've got a graphics card with a Windows-only driver. I know that Wine, living in userspace as it does, doesn't have access to the underlying hardware, but would it be at all possible to use Wine as a debugger? That is, to look at the data the driver's trying to send to the hardware, even if it can't make it there?

Thanks, Julian