Re: Wine and Quicken

webmaster@webitplanet.com wrote:

Hello Duane, thanks for the speedy reply. I slipped up: the target app is not Quicken but so-called "Quick Books" (obviously, I'm not a Windoze guy) for my client. Your reply was confident so I will proceed with your suggestion. Just one question: I currently have some version of wine on my rh distro so should I "upgrade" or do a fresh install? What are some of the wine install pitfalls (libs etc.). Is there a known "how-to" out there to study? Thanks, David.

I would suggest that you first uninstall the RH provided version of Wine, and then install a current version. I don't know whether an upgrade will handle that correctly.

There is a fair amount of documentation available on www.winehq.com. It should be easy to find from the main page.