Links in Windows apps do not open files in fake C:\ sub-directories

I am running Windows Scrivener in Wine. When I chose Help > Scrivener
Manual, the PDF file does not open in the Ubuntu PDF viewer.

Should this happen? Or do I need to install a PDF viewer in Wine? And, if
so, what Windows open-source viewer is compatible with Wine?

Regards,
Hedley

Typed laboriously on Samsung Galaxy Note 3