Re: Can I use Wine on Docker?

On 12/07/2014 01:37 AM, Akira Nakagawa wrote:
Docker suports various  Linux Images,but
I wish I could use Wine in Docker the same layer as Linux .
Will Wine support Docker in the future?

Hi Akira,

I am not sure what you are asking.  Wine requires an operating
system to function.  If the version of Linux you run inside
Docker will run Wine, Wine will run.  For instance, Fedora Code
21 Beta runs Wine just fine inside Docker.

If you want a stand alone Wine, you are looking at React OS,
which is awful and is not supported in Docker a far as I know.
It is supported inside KVM (Red Hat's Kernel Virtual Machine),
but it is truly awful.

Anyway, I am not sure what you are asking.

-T

--
Computers are like air conditioners.