Nexus: The Jupiter Incident demo crashes at startup - confirmation needed

Hi,

There is the 10th anniversary of "Nexus: The Jupiter Incident" and
wanted to play it again. Unfortunately both GOG version as well as a
demo crashes at startup (with both nexus_DX8.exe and nexus_DX9.exe).
Nexus seems to work fine with Wine [1] in the past and I wonder if it is
a repression in Wine or something with my system/hardware.

I have a laptop with "Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor
Family Integrated Graphics Controller" (so probably Intel HD 3000/2000),
but this game is from 2004 and I played with it on GeForce 2 MX which
much less powerful than mentioned Intel HD.
Selinux was switched into permissive mode.
wine-1.7.18-1.fc19.x86_64 (from the official Fedora repository)

Questions:
1. Do you have any idea what could be a problem (backtrace [3])?
2. Could someone check Nexus demo [2] to verify that the game
crashes/works fine?

[1] -
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=4640&iTestingId=14357
[2] -