Re: Does installing mono from winetricks make some dotnet40 programs run faster?

If you have wine-mono or native .NET installed, installing mono with
winetricks will have no effect, and I don't think things will work
correctly without one of those. Also, I don't think NaturallySpeaking
makes much use of .NET.

Mono doesn't have a background service precompiling libraries, so that
might speed things up generally while that bottle is started, but also
incur a larger startup cost for .NET software.