Re: No MIDI devices in winecfg

> I just found that removing the notorious wine-pulseaudio package from
> Fedora cured my issue. Now I have all my MIDI ports in Band in a Box.
> Sorry for the noise, I should file a bug in Fedora's Bugzilla
> Klaus

iirc winepulse in fedora is a really old version, and it doesn't look
like they've updated it since they first shipped it.

http://repo.or.cz/w/wine/multimedia.git/shortlog has a commit named

'winmm: Load winealsa if winepulse is found'

which should work for any version of wine after 1.3.28.

Of course it would also help if they kept their packages up to date,
when looking at their git tree
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/wine.git/tree/

I noticed that they used a very old version of my winepulse patch. :(
Hope it can be fixed..

~Maarten