ubuntu wine and inkscape

Absolutely new to Wine!
I want to call the Windows version of Inkscape from within a Python script. This because I need a svg to emf converter that always works (other things like libemf pyemf ps2edit regularly give problems with PowerPoint). Under Windows (VirtualBox) this works perfectly with "inkscape --export-emf=outfile.emf --file=infile.svg". Under Wine I get a host of:
fixme:enhmetafile:EMFDRV_FillPath Bounds
fixme:enhmetafile:EMFDRV_StrokeAndFillPath Bounds
fixme:enhmetafile:EMFDRV_StrokePath Bounds
messages.

The result is often ok but when there are e.g. dashed lines they become solid.

I have absolutely no idea were to begin looking for a solution, please help me getting somewhere.
Thanks, Janwillem